The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, located at 2655 South Park Ave. in Buffalo, is offering Mother’s Day specials during the month of May.
- Arcangel Gallery: Joan Saba – Art in Bloom – original oil paintings on display now through May 7.
- Black Friday Bulb Sale – May 5 beginning at 9 a.m. – find out more about this annual event here.
- Fairy and Gnome Festival – May 6 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. – fairy-themed crafts, scavenger hunt, fairy houses and more during this fun day – wear your costume for $1 off admission.
- National Public Garden Day – May 12 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. - $1 admission for all, members and kids 2 and under free.
- Arcangel Gallery: William Smyers – May 12-August 13.
- Mother’s Day Weekend – May 13-14 – a small café will be set up at the Gardens each day from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. featuring fresh portable snacks, sweet treats and herbaceous drinks from Chef Avi Altman from Obviously Avi Catering. The Gardens will also be offering a Membership Markdown from May 1-14 – find out more here.
- Medicinal Garden Feature – Arthritis Awareness and Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month – May 13 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The Great Plant Sale – Friday, May 19 (10 a.m.-8 p.m.) and Saturday, May 20 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) in the Administration Building – find more information here.