The Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, located at 2655 South Park Ave. in Buffalo, celebrates spring, fairies and Arbor Day in April.
- Spring Flower exhibit – now through April 10 – featuring spring flowers, the 4H Farm (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and the Easter Bunny (March 25-26 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Arcangel Gallery: South Towns Camera Club –now through May 15.
- Medicinal Garden Feature – World Health Week –April 9 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Black Friday Bulb Sale – April 29 beginning at 9 a.m. – buyers usually line up around 7 a.m. - $10 per bag, three bags per person – sale is in the garage behind the Gardens.
- ArborDay Tree Tours – April 29 at 4 and 6 p.m. – celebrate Arbor Day with a guided tour of the Gardens' outdoor collections and learn the basics of tree identification – tour is $10 per person.
- Fairyand Gnome Festival – April 30 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – celebrate with fairy-themed crafts and activities, scavenger hunt and voting for the fairy house contest.
For more information on these events and others at the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, visit buffalogardens.com.